Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I Am My Own Hero

I have no heroes because there is no one outside of myself that has the answers I search for. There is no book, no guru, no humble person, or genius, no religious practice or meditation. They are all mere catalysts, perfect reflections, there to help me go inside myself turn my mind off and understand what is going on beyond words, beyond the mind, beyond the illusions playing out in front of me. I am my own master as you are. And yet, I am your reflection. In whatever light you see me, it is reflecting something deep within you that is begging for you to become aware of. And vice versa. You are my reflection. I chose to see you for what you are and realize it is not separate from me but something within me as well. If we are not separate how can I call anyone or anything outside of me my hero? I am my own master as you are. If you love yourself you are able to love me.
I want to share an inspiring excert from one of my favorite mystics who may be able to take you deeper within on your journey of self mastery. I have often said, "We are all on imaginary journeys to a place we have never left!"
<3 Heaven

Beyond mind, there is an awareness that is intrinsic, that is not given to you by the outside, and is not an idea -- and there is no experiment up to now that has found any center in the brain which corresponds to awareness. The whole work of meditation is to make you aware of all that is "mind" and disidentify yourself from it. That very separation is the greatest revolution that can happen to man.Now you can do and act on only that which makes you more joyous, fulfills you, gives you contentment, makes your life a work of art, a beauty. But this is possible only if the master in you is awake. Right now the master is fast asleep. And the mind, the servant, is playing the role of master. And the servant is created by the outside world, it follows the outside world and its laws. Once your awareness becomes a flame, it burns up the whole slavery that the mind has created. There is no blissfulness more precious than freedom, than being a master of your own destiny.
Osho From the False to the Truth Chapter 7

No comments:

Post a Comment