Monday, February 16, 2015

Ancient Wine

It seems that it has been eternity since I have sipped your wine,
The night was dark and the stars were perfectly aligned,
The heavens were singing their songs of mystic celebration as your hair shone in the moonlight...
I know you do not remember it as I, but it is the silence and magic of the moment that brings me back... I can still smell the evening dusk as we mingled on the old porch...
clouds swarmed through my head and suddenly ecstasy tease my lips...never had I been so alive as the few moments I spent swimming in the essence of your soul...memories of a time long past flashed through my minds eye and in that instant I realized...here we were again...
As quickly as the moment came the gods chased it away...as if it never happened and the memory was all that remained...What did I do so wrong that I was not allowed the pleasure of your wine in this life...why was the breeze so sweet, oh how the aroma so strong...
I see it as being blessed...a time that felt so right sang to me like a lullaby...tomorrow is a new day and forever will still remain...I have faith that the glass will come to my lips again...as I hold on the memory will never fade...until we meet again no wine will taste the same

2 comments: